The premises in the house
The city of Heidelberg provides the Montpellier House association with a five-story building in the heart of the old town, just a few steps from the town hall.
– Premises for events
– Rooms for students
The team welcomes visitors looking for tourist and cultural information about Montpellier and the Occitanie region on the ground floor . It can be rented for private events. It has a vaulted cellar with wines from the Montpellier area, available for small parties. On the 1st floor there is a small library with works from Montpellier, which can also serve as a meeting room. On the third floor, a guest room, which can be rented, offers a unique view of Heidelberg Castle. There are three more rooms in the house for students from Montpellier and one for the year-long intern.
- Room: Event room ground floor (not wheelchair-accessible – 1 step)
- Area: 50 m² (up to 50 seats)
- Rental price: 50,- € + beverage purchase (VHB)
- Equipment: chairs and tables (number according to agreement), projector and screen, speakers, lectern
Outside the opening hours of the Montpellier House, the ground floor can be rented for a conference or reading.
When planning a larger party, the ground floor can be reserved with the vaulted cellar for up to 50 people.
- Room: vaulted cellar basement (no elevator)
- Area: 22 m² (up to 25 seats)
- Rental price: 40,- € + beverage purchase
- Equipment: 6 tables, 30 chairs, dishes and cutlery, dishwasher, refrigerator and small freezer, microwave oven, small music system.
Are you planning a celebration and looking for a cozy location in Heidelberg’s Old Town? You can rent the vaulted cellar for small parties. Noble tables and chairs in country style are available there. In addition to the rent, a certain number of wine bottles from the Metropole of Montpellier have to be bought according to the number of guests. The bottles can be taken directly from the shelves. Behind the wine cellar there is a small kitchen to prepare the food you bring. You can find the more detailed rental conditions here:
- Room: Guest room 3rd floor (no elevator)
- Area: 20 m² – up to 4 people (bathroom: 6 m²)
- Rental price: per night 40,- € for one person, 70,- € for two persons, 85,- € for three persons and 95,- € for four persons / No breakfast
- Equipment: a double bed, two sofa beds, TV, table, two wicker chairs, hotel refrigerator, kettle and dishes for hot drinks / bathroom with toilet, bathtub and hairdryer / terrace with table and two chairs.
In the heart of the historic city center, between the Neckar River and the castle lies our guest room on the 3rd floor of the Montpellier House. It can be booked for a maximum of four people and offers a terrace in the middle of the old town with a unique view of Heidelberg Castle. Within walking distance you can enjoy the sights of the city (Heidelberg Castle, museums, houses of culture…), the city forest and the numerous cafes and restaurants of the historic center.
- Room: Library 1st floor (no elevator)
- Area: 40 m² (up to 30 seats)
- Rental price: Depending on duration from 15,- € to 80,- € per event – On request
- Equipment: 5 large tables, chairs, projector on request
- Toilet in the corridor
The library has some literature about Montpellier and the Occitanie region, as well as works by authors from the south of France, available for loan.
This room can also be used for smaller events and meetings and can be rented separately to the ground floor.
In the corridor in front are French novels, which can be purchased throughout the year for a donation to the Asylarbeitskreis e. V..
The Montpellier House supports students from Montpellier by offering them up to three rooms in the house for their studies in the German twin city at attractive prices. Another room will be reserved for the Heidelberg scholarship holder. A fifth room is rented to a German-speaking student so that the German language can be more easily maintained within the shared apartment. Four students share bathroom, kitchenette and dining table, while two rooms have a separate bathroom and balcony and one has its own kitchenette. All rooms (for non-smokers) are furnished.
Part of the rent consists of participation in the organization of the events of the Montpellier House (10 hours a month e.g. at parties or student Stammtisch). Prices range from 220,- € to 400,- € per month (including charges), depending on the size and equipment of the room.